For february month's IFC Saraswathi suggested us some Bordeaux cuisine from France. Bordeaux is a port city on the Garonne river in southwest France. Bordeaux city is also an upscaleplace - a city for shopping, drinking and eating. It sits in the center of the world famous wine region that bears its name and thus tourists come here to eat, drink, experience wine and be merry.
Bordeaux cookies is very delicious and simple cookies with just few ingredients.
Recipe source : Grandma bees
1. Unsalted butter - 100 g
2. Brown sugar - 1 cup
3. Milk - 2 tbsp
4. Baking powder - 1 tsp
5. Flour - 1 cup
1. Beat the butter and sugar till creamy.
2. Add milk and baking powder. Mix.
3. Finally add flour and mix well.
4. Transfer to a butter paper and shape into a log. Chill for 2 hours.
5. Preheat the oven for 180 degree. Slice each cookie about 1/4 '' thick and place on a parchment paper or baking pan.
6. Leave space around each cookie. Bake for 7 - 9 minutes or until they are golden.
7. Remove from oven and cool.