Carrot halwa is one of the most famous indian desserts. Mainly which served in festivals like diwali. This Punjabi traditional recipe uses milk, carrot and sugar. Carrot halwa can served warm or cold.
Recipe source : here
1. Milk - 2 cup
2. Ghee - 2 tbsp
3. Sugar - 1/4 cup
4. Shredded carrot - 2 cup
5. Cashew - 8
6. Raisin/ kismis - 8
1. Boil milk in a heavy bottom pan on medium high heat until it reduced to about 1 cup.
2. Heat ghee in a large pan, then roast the cashews and set aside for garnish.
3. Add shredded carrots and stir fry till it tender and slightly change in colour.
3. Add milk and cook until the milk dries. This will take 10 - 12 minutes.
4. Add sugar, cashews and kismis and keep on stirring until the halwa starts to leave the side of the pan.
5. Serve carrot halwa hot or cold.